Tuesday, September 17, 2013

So: Is it any different?

(courtesy of www.hdwallpapersinn.com)

Today is the first day that I can lay claim to being retired.  My last day of work was last Thursday, but today is the first day I would have gone to work, if I was still working that is.

Does it feel different?  Well, no, I can't say that it does.  To me, it feels like just another day of weekend.   And with my previous 3-day/week schedule, there were always plenty of those.

What I don't feel:  That giddy, start-of-vacation feeling, that giant release that the last day of school gives.  None of that.

I suppose this might disappoint some of you nearing retirement.  You might be looking for confirmation that the grass really is greener on the other side.

So far, all I can say is that it is the same grass...


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...