Friday, July 17, 2009

Annual Maintenance: Brightwork, step2

"Your eyes are bigger than your stomach."

Did your mother ever tell you that? Mine sure did. And I wish she could have said it to me when I published, for all the world to see, a wildly ambitious plan for today.

No way.

I started in as soon as the sun had dried the dew, sanding with 150. I sanded, and I sanded, and I sanded. By 4 PM, I had done the whole caprail. And my arms felt like (feel like) lead. There was just no way that I was going to pick up another project. For one thing, the aft deck is already a mess, with the things that have to be gotten out of the way in order to get at the caprail.

It was windy at 4 PM, but not terrible, so I decided to try varnishing. I got a coat on the port side, but by the time I got to the stern, it was blowing 15-20 kt, and the vanish was drying 1/8" behind the brush.

So, I declared the day over, popped a beer, and fired up the grill for a cheeseburger.

And now, I'm blogging :)
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...